50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, February 2, 2015

Good Things!

Wow, that's awesome with the family opening up a little you are working with! That's something I´ve learned is that if you pray sincerely and often for something God will answer it! Especially with something like this! And ya I love that talk by President Uchtdorf - https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/10/receiving-a-testimony-of-light-and-truth?lang=eng.   There's another good one about testimonies by Elder Godoy, too (https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2008/10/testimony-as-a-process?lang=eng ) That shows that testimonies aren´t always received in a big way,  That was a challenge I had since the beginning and on my mission, too. I thought that I was suppose to have a huge experience, but it was just a process and testifying a lot! Then after I evolved a testimony, I was able to ask for miracles and see many more happening!

For example, this week we had 5 people at church !! Woo! One family (Rogerio and Daniela) we are teaching went and Elder Richins marked the son for 02/15 after sacrament meeting. We really evoked the powers of heaven! 

Also, we were walking, and we were having so much opposition like something telling us to go back home and stuff.  I knew it was not the Spirit, but Elder Richin got very discouraged. Then I felt a desire I had to ask a for a miracle to help Elder Richins and I (because this week was not very good for our work.) So I decided to pray and ask for a miracle to happen from where we were until the next appointment.  I explained that we needed help from the Lord. I felt that going to happen and called Elder and said "Let's have a miracle, Elder!" We walked a bit and I kept praying to recognize the person who would be the miracle.  I saw a woman at her gate (it was Saturday) and invited her to church and she said, "But I'm Catholic." We speak no problem she still pudia go and she said "Oh I? Really? Yes, I will." I was scared because the KKK made laws of opposition and woman of her word and went to the commitment thanking God! And you know she went! With her daughter !! It was a very great experience! That usually doesn´t happen when they say they`re catholic! haha 

I know that Heavenly Father really does answer our prayers and that if we have faith and ask fervently and diligently, Heavenly Father will answer our prayers!
I love ya'll!
Elder Sharp

We moved! From our nice apt to sheike place.... this is our old apartment


No comments:

Post a Comment