50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, January 5, 2015

A New Year!

Hey Mom! It's interesting the year you didn´t make a list of resolutions is the year I decided to! But I also am needing to this to make it so my mission ends the way I would like it too.  :) 

I love that the power of the Book of Mormon is able to do that! I´m having a really great help with the situation I´m in now of remembering these scriptures to help a missionary that going through a pretty rough time. It's really cool cause the right words are coming into my mind be to tell him and comfort him.  I seeing the blessing of having my gift of listening to people and helping them! I love it! I feel like ever since I had made a few big changes in my life, God has trusted me with more opportunities to help His children! 

This week we had a great experience with our Recent converts we´re teaching. She went up and bore her testimony for the first as a member.  Her and her son, Davi, are such a great family.  She´s going through a lot, but has fought through and is still fighting.  Although things are hard, she´s at church every Sunday! She actually has days where she doesn´t get to eat because she cant work!  However, she finds comfort in her blue Book of Mormon and the films that Elder Richins and I leave with her! I love it so much that I get to teach her! 

Isaura also told us that she has quit smoking for good!  We were really worried about that when she was baptized, that she´d start to smoke again, but she said, "I haven´t smoked once this week!" Man the happiness I saw in her eyes was so great!  She was confirmed today, and she smiled and looked at us and said,  Thank you for not giving up on me like the others did!"  Man I love this work! 

I also found out I'll be going home at my 2 yr and 18 day mark! YES!!! I get a whole month more than my original release date!!!

I love y´all 
Elder Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment