50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, January 19, 2015

Progression!

Oh, to answer your question - A/C doesn't exist anywhere!  ha ha

So that family is doing good.  They´re having a little trouble with reading the Book of Mormon and praying... He works for himself so he was working like crazy to finish the projects he had left to the last minute. But it´s gonna be great! They're really wanting to be married and learn more!  Rogerio said that he made a New Year's resolution to have more knowledge! Well guess when we first talked to him? ......Jan 1!  haha God´s giving more knowledge then he thought existed! We went and ate lunch at their house on Friday and it was really good.  Daniela seemed to really like giving it! We taught them about the Word of Wisdom and they're really wanting this Gospel.  The opposition is high, but we won't give up on them! 

Another thing we´ve really started to focus on is resgate (reactivation/rescue).  It's really great!  I love doing it because I get to use my experiences and I feel like when I testify that if they just read the Book of Mormon AND pray they will know it's true. I also love it cause I get to teach about eternal perspective to them.  Usually they stop coming because some member talked bad about them, and so I really like to point out that they are losing their salvation because of gossip... because someone "thought" they knew the facts. They really can't find any excuses anymore to not go to church.... but then it´s always still their choice and sometimes they just stop because they really just don´t want to live the law of God or are just plain too lazy. It's kinda frustrating.

All in all, something I seem to have really grown an appreciation of is the opportunity I have to talk to my Heavenly Father and read His word in the form of scripture.  It truly has given a lot of strength spiritually and with a lot things going on here, I'm needing it as much as I can get! That's one thing I´ve really learned is how to pray sincerely. You can literally talk to Him like a person that´s listening  - like a conversation and if you listen long enough His answers come as long as you talk WITH Him with respect.  He listens to anything you have to say. He´s anxious to hear what we have to say to Him! I love this gospel, and I love my Heavenly Father!

I love Y'all
Elder Sharp

We had been given money for lunch so we had toast and cheese and mint chocolate chip! 
(which is a rarity here)



P-day da zona! 

 we can play sports once a month now!


 Pizza after splits!
(...chocolate crust is so good!  Like heaven in a pan!!)

Mormon Pizzaria

 And a frog fell out of the tree so we took a pic!

Olympics in Rio!

No comments:

Post a Comment