50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, January 12, 2015

New Family!

Cool I loved hearing it's good in Eagleville! I loved it there! I´m doing great here! That´ll be interesting coming back to a different ward, but it's in the Lord's hands.... I´m pretty sure the singles branch is in Murfreesboro, huh? but ya it's REALLY hot here!  Haha!  Man, I think it´ll be hotter than last year, and last year we had to be at the church from 2-4 o'clock!  But ya I´m not missing the cold.  I love being able to work in the heat! At first the laziness hit hard - especially after lunch, but after I got accustomed to it, it's great! 

This week was awesome! We found a family that's really golden! We were walking the road and I saw a lady with her little son and I felt that I should talk to her.....so I did!  I asked, "What's your name?"  and she tried to say it holding back tears, then just cried.  (I hate when they do that as a missionary cause you want to touch them.) She explained to us that she was having a lot of difficulty with her husband (actually boyfriend but that's Brazil).  She´s got his baby coming, too. So we actually found her last year (Dec. 30) and talked to all of them better this week.  It's so cool, though, because they´re totally letting the gospel change their lives because of the New Year's resolutions that they had made!  And so now we're teaching Rogerio and Daniela  and their family! We´re going to the cartório (registry) to mark their wedding!  He´s gotten a lot better and doesn´t hit her anymore, and they`re excited! He´s so cool, though.  He reminds me of the "Fast and the Furious."  Like his life use to be racing for money and pinks!  haha And Rogerio is the Dominic of the group, ya know? I love teaching them because they aren´t with that evangelical background and so they´re giving their answers how they think and not the preacher's! 

This week Is gonna be AWESOME and full of Miracles!
Elder Sharp

P.S. I was actually released as a District Leader this last week to be able to help my companion who is going through some struggles.  Oh by the way can, you see about sending me shoes? I gave my good pair to my comp because his feet are being destroyed by his shoes he bought. If not, we´ll figure something out... but If we have a cheaper way to get them, that´d be great! 

We had a awesome family night at Daniele´s house! and found a new investigator there!

My shoes not even a year in Brazil!  
I will just keep wearing these since I gave my comp my other pair. 

 Subway!  Expensive, but GREAT!

PIZZA!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment