50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, December 22, 2014

Semana Antes de Natal (Week before Christmas)

This week was great! I loved it so much!  We had worked real hard this week for our investigators! We also had a Christmas "get together," and it was great!  I was part of the program, too! I sang in a group that my zone made and also the Mission Choir! Man, I didn´t realize how much I missed singing with people that can actually sing! We sang "A Tiny Child Will Come" and "Joy to the World" (em português)  We also had brownies for dessert! (That´s a rarity in Brazil! They usually just make chocolate cake and call it brownie) It was great to see a lot of old friends, and sadly it was the last time I´ll get to see a few other friends - one that had really changed my mission, Elder Alonzo, and also another that is actually waiting to serve in Mesa, Arizona Elder Parrella. It was also weird because they did the last testimony of a lot of real good friends of mine! Man, I feel so old on the mission... all my friends are going home! haha 

But this week I had a really cool experience! I went on splits with the other elders in my district and served with Elder Jesus again (from Embu!).  It was really cool to see how much I've learned since serving with him! Usually he was the one always leading the conversations and  the lesson, but this time it was more even - if anything I was leading more and also saw that there were things that he had also gotten better at.  I pointed them out to him and he didn´t seem to have noticed that he had changed.  It made me realize that we are really changing more then we think we are! And that thanks to This Gift that God has given us, His Son, We´re able to change this way with the new year coming up.  I've been thinking of a few Goals I want to make with God for Him to help help His children! Man, I´m really excited for 2015 - It's gonna be great! 

I love Y'all!

Elder Sharp

P.s. I´ll be calling on the 24 with all the details of what's going to happen on Christmas!

Recent family who was baptized

14 Months!

Beautiful Sunrise over Autodromo

Elder Parrella

Elder Alonzo

A law in Brazil:
"Before you get on the elevator, make sure it's on the correct floor" 
haha

No comments:

Post a Comment