50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, October 6, 2014

Conference and a Stolen Moto

Man this conference was WAY too fast! I couldnt beleive it! I can´t wait till it comes in the Liahona next month! It was so good this year! I loved how a lot of the speakers were really direct, especially Jörg Klebingat -- I loved his talk a lot, and also from Elder Bednar that explains Why we as member we always want to share the gospel (or why we should share it haha).  I loved a lot from the conference.  There were so many things - I cant even think about what to write specifically! 

This week was great, too!  We are teaching a lady that is progressing great! She sadly had her Moped stolen so she couldn´t go to conference, because of all the things she had to do to get it reported as stolen (rrgg satan!) But she's great! It's really cool that we found her teaching another family, and she was there, so we decided to talk to her haha!  She is just really addicted to Coffee, but we used our time between the Sessions to practice for her, and we´ve gotten a few ideas to help her out! 

We are also teaching a family haha - the dad is awesome! He really wants to be baptized, but sadly isn´t married yet, and his wife isn't really wanting to marry right now.....but it's all good because we´ll just need to teach her and help her see how the gospel really can help her family get better! It was really cool... this week we Fasted for their nephew (one kidney failed and the other is failing AND he got some bacteria, too) and he´s getting better now! It was really awesome!  I´m really loving this family a lot.  I really hope they can get baptized.  They REALLY need the gospel in their home!

I love you guys! Thanks for the support and letters!
Elder Sharp

There are two young men in the ward who have been going on splits regularly with Elder Sharp.  For his one-year date, they invited him over and had made pizza for him.  They also gave him a gift that they had talked to me about.  Guilherme had Elder Sharp make a list of things he missed, then gave that list to me.  We were able to make a package for him based on that... but one of the things he mentioned missing was his motorcycle.  So with my help, Guilherme picked out one that looked like Elder Sharp's bike.  I thought that was so very thoughtful and really appreciated them making his day special.  

Ahhhh!  ONE ANI!!! (year)


Guilherme and Me

Matheus and Me


Another pie we made with Guilherme and Matheus

A view of my area

No comments:

Post a Comment