50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, October 13, 2014

Little Moments

I know I can't listen to this song, but it's what comes in mind. This week, nothing really big happened, but a lot of little things made this week a great one. The first thing that happened is my companion and I are starting to work better together and now we´re teaching people more! I have realized how great it is to teach people!  We´ve found a lot of people who´re needing to get married, too, and I´m getting to see how the gospel saves relationships.  I´m seeing families become more united!  People are also starting actually understand me better again.  For the past 2 transfers people haven´t been really understanding me and it was getting really frustrating. Then I started to study Portuguese, and I´m starting to speak better grammar now! (go figure huh?!)

We have a lady that she actually asked me about how I got a response to my prayers about the church, and for the first time in a long time I got to bare my testimony about my conversion story.  She´s now REALLY wanting a response to know if all this is true!  She was almost baptized, but couldn't because she wasn´t married... but now they're separated!  She was baptized in a different church, but we´ll help her understand and she´ll be baptized!  Man I miss the feeling of baptizing someone I actually taught! But they're coming in a few weeks! 

The only sad thing that happened to me is that I´m seeing that my mission is going a lot faster now that I've been out for a year.  I´m like "NOOOO!!!"  It's so crazy how much faster it is now!

But ya that's all I can remember to write!  Elder Assunção will go on a mission, too! I´m really excited for him!

Love Ya´ll,
Elder Sharp 

PS I´ll get to stay here one more Transfer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment