50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, October 20, 2014

Another Week

 Something I´m learning a lot here is that we should start making decisions with a goal in mind so for us to decide he should think about who he wants to be be or where he wants to be be at the end and which decision will help....basically like Elder Godoy said i cant wait for the Nov Liahona to come! 

Presidente Dalton got permission to print a book called "Evocando os Poderes do Ceu" or "Evoking the Powers of Heaven." I haven´t read a lot but WOW it's a really great one.  I highly recommend you guys reading it (mainly you and dad) Because it just opens your mind! I'm really starting to learn a lot about making goals and plans for those goals! President Dalton taught us he had six rules for goals that helped him get the success he needed. 

They are:
D = Deadline
R = Realistic
E = Etched in Stone (written down)
A = Always Reviewing (review daily)
M = Measurable
S = Supreme Being (God should always be the first priority)
These the 6 rules to attain our dreams!

Once I started to do this along with the things I´m learning from that other book, I´m starting to reach my goals. I´m realizing now how much I missed out on because I didn't really make goals very well. But now God is helping me alot! I´m so grateful for Him and His love! 

This week we had a baptism but sadly we can't count as ours because she doesn´t live in our mission. So I don't know if you remember about when Elder Aguilar had to recover more from his surgery and he would stay home with a member and I would leave with Guilherme and work in our area, but ya during that time He was at the member's house (Mateus's) he and Elder would teach a girl through Skype! And well there was a lot of adversity in this baptism.  Satan fought until the last minute too! I don't have time to explain it all, but she (Ana) is going to be a strong member in the church.  We had to Fast 3 times for this baptism to happen! And the elders from her area weren't doing anything so me and Elder Aguilar did basically everything through Mateus and calling haha.  Also, her Adoptive Dad isn't even talking to her since she started going to church (Both her parents are dead, we believe that they helped and are helping her a lot through the veil) But ya that's not the coolest part she actually heard about the church when she was 15 and her parents didn't let her go but she really liked it, so she said a prayer with her member friend and asked Heavenly Father that when she´s 17 she would meet a young man that would bring her to Church.....she met Mateus at her 17th birthday party! This was such a strong experience for me! I know that God hears our prayers and that He will respond, it´ll in His time, but He will respond! 

I´m so glad I came on my mission and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world! Things I´m learning here will stay forever with me!
I love y'all! 
Elder Sharp

This is us with a storm coming in behind us


Elder Assunção and I right before he left on his mini-mission

No comments:

Post a Comment