50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

This Week

Wow,  Mom!  That's crazy!   I didn't even think about that a year ago I received my call!  I have changed a lot since then! I don't know if you can tell in our letters, but I can see here that I have changed a lot. I´m able to talk to people and before, talking to new people was hard.  It still is, but I´m getting better at it.... I´m also seeing myself develop a lot of leadership attributes that I´ll need for the future. I've served in the same place for six months and I´m really sad that I´ll have to leave because I realize that I don't really talk and because of this, I don't have that strong of a friendship with them. It's something that I'm trying to improve this in me. I realize that when I talk to people my mind gets all jumbled and I start speaking really bad. So I´m working on my accent and trying to talk more in lessons and stuff like that. It's really annoying right now, but I've learned that the only way I'll learn is by doing it over and over. Literally everything I learn here is from little things that I do everyday. (Like a stone in the river) I wish I learned this sooner... I would be a master at piano now and lots of other things too haha. 

 This week we went to a place known as 37 (for the kilometer it's at) and we talked to a few people there that have a lot of promise.  I´m really excited for this week.  The ward here is really helpful and we have people coming with us every day! AND this week Elder Anderson is coming to our mission!! It's kinda cool because he visited my mission in Washington too - so it´ll be cool to see him again! 

I love you guys! 
Elder Sharp 
-2 Nephi 28:32-

This was cool to watch one year later. ..
http://youtu.be/xPygAQiWdPk



No comments:

Post a Comment