50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, February 17, 2014

Coco e Cocô

Well this week was pretty crazy! It started out really hot! Then bam rained for 3 or 4 days straight! It's raining today, too! I´m really glad it is because people are in a better mood now that the weather isn't super hot.  On Saturday, we were walking to our last appointment. and when we arrived the mom of the family was really surprised that we came at all and was saying you guys are all wet!  We said, "Ya, it's kinda raining a lot!" haha but She looked at us differently because of it and I think she realized how important they are to us. 

We started teaching this family on Tuesday and every lesson a family member doesn't want to be a part of it, so we´re just down to the son whose name is Douglas.  I think that after his baptism the rest of the family will come around eventually! 

This month and next month our mission is doing familia de Sião (families of Zion) and it's really cool.  Each companionship has a goal of finding 3 families to teach and working with members, part-member families and less-active members to have strong new members.  (We should be doing this already but that's what the focus is haha) We have 1 and a half right now (half is Douglas and his family) 

I get to go to the temple twice in my mission if I´m lucky! haha We are a little further away though so it understandable.  This week was a struggle for me teaching the Plan of salvation. I don't know why but I keep complicating it in my mind and it's not good, but I´m working on it and my comp fills in what I forget.  Mom, your email helped me out, too. This morning during personal study I read Alma 29 and 32 - they´re really good!  I don't know why, but I can speak Portuguese fine with other missionaries and in conversation but not when I´m teaching... just gotta practice more!  

And the title of this email:
Coco is coconut and Cocô is poop... and yes i mixed them up and I´ll let you figure out my embarrassment  :P

Any way... Amo Você! Tém uma bom semana!
Elder Sharp

  "Blessing from God"  (A view from our apartment.  That is our church building.)


My district with a member: 

No comments:

Post a Comment