50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, January 13, 2014

This Week in Brazil

This week has been awesome. We have a Baptism on the 18th! My first one!!  She is a prime example of someone who wants that change in their life! We also started teaching a family of 5, too, and they´re getting baptized the 24! It's so crazy to see the Gospel work in people's lives - from not knowing anything about the church to wanting to be baptized - it's a huge faith builder for me!

Portuguese isn´t as bad as I thought. I´m improving so much everyday and can actually understand almost anyone (unless they speak really fast) and I can talk to anyone too. I don't always conjugate the words right, but My companion is teaching me and corrects me whenever we talk. We talk a lot cause we walk everywhere. I can see how people go through a lot of shoes on a mission here. I don't mind the walking either.  We get to talk to everyone we pass and when it is cloudy, the weather is really nice here!

I´m slowly getting darker every day too - haha.  My companion is really dark so I look really white next to him. I haven't got burned yet (knock on wood).  I´ve learned why missionaries don't have cars, too. It's because no one believes in using brakes here... and the motorcyclists don't follow the line on the road. They just weave in between cars. The bikes here look nice though; I love lookin at them, even though I can't ride them. 

Well that's all the news I've got from Brasil! It's great here and I´m loving the people. As I learn more of the language, the people seem to change from foreign to normal - it's really interesting.

Amo vocês!
Elder Sharp
Me and my companion:
\

  
My roommates :



The Shower

Before a storm - Belleza!  


1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Elder Sharp! If you run into Sister Hailey Mills from Mesa, Arizona give her a big hello from me!! We think of you often and are sending prayers and best wishes for your success in doing the Lord's errand. Love you, Aunt Connie :) <3

    ReplyDelete