50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, January 27, 2014

Family of Five!

This week was crazy.  It rained hard for 3 days which was good because we were super hot. And when I say hard I mean I couldn't see 10 feet in front of me. But it was cool because there was thunder and lighting, and there was a flash behind us (we were talking to someone on their front porch) and then BOOM - it was super loud but really cool. This week we walked a lot! But it's all worth because we baptized a family of 5! It is a mom and 4 daughters. It was so awesome to see the anticipation the day before and just before they got baptized. When we first taught them, the Mom didn't like religion at all but then we taught her about Joseph Smith and the restoration and they were a little more open.  So we taught them some more and they are now super excited members of the church and with great testimony. It's crazy how close me and my comp feel to them after just a couple weeks.  The young daughters are twins (9 yrs-old) and they are super curious and always have a question. The mom smoked and the whole family drank coffee, but quit and are still doing well with that. The oldest (Giovana) is 12 yrs old, and she took a little longer to feel that this church was true, but a couple days before the baptism she asked me if I would baptize her -- Man that was a great day! Then there's Julia (10 yrs-old) and she is a really shy little girl but is definitely a strong young lady who was always listening to us intently. Ah I just love this family!!  I really hope I don't get transferred next transfer! 

Well that's all that really happened this week that was super exciting. I´m having my Companion correct me every time I say a word wrong, and he´s having to correct me less and less everyday.  It's really exciting to see my progress. I hoping for fluency by the end of March!  

Something really cool happened this week I was asked to talk to some people that are learning English in English (a reason for me to be there and teach them) and it was hard haha! It's natural now for me to speak Portuguese!!  I was super excited for this realization! 

Thanks for the prayers and the update I´m so grateful for it!

Amo Vocês!
Elder Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment