50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, January 6, 2014

Brazil!!

Oí! Eu estou aqui em Brasil finalmente! E Brasil é muito bom!..... haha just kidding I don´t know that much Portuguese right now!  :P   I´ll Have to use English. 

So getting here was interesting.  My mission president from Washington dropped me off.  We both went in to get my ticket and they filled out my visa paperwork wrong and put 2013 instead of 2014 - so my Visa was expired a year before I got it! I was crazy!!  They got it all figured out and hopefully I wont be deported=P  Anyway I flew from WA to NC and had a 9-hour layover.   I tried to sleep cause I had been up all night, and I got an hour of sleep or so.  Then we had that beautiful 10-hour trip to Brasil.  The trip actually wasn't that bad.  The plane was full of Brazilians, and we it was fun to watch with their families.  I´ve also discovered I cant fall asleep on Planes when I´m nervous about leaving the country, so I said a prayer, wrote in my journal, and tried several thing to fall asleep to no avail... but then I arrived and the Sun was coming up. I thought "OK!  New day, New country!"  As soon as I stepped foot on Brazilian soil, I knew that I was suppose to be there, and I was completely calm. I was tired beyond all belief, but I knew I was gonna love it here. 

And well...I love it here in Brasil! It is so pretty here and so far the people have been really nice. Its really cool but strange. We can clap at a door and ask for water to a complete stranger, and they will go and get us water, which is nice since it's summer. 

Me and my Companion are getting along great and we have had a lot of investigators here. My companion is 25 and is Brazilian, He helps me so much and has a lot of paciencia with me. Luckily my ears are getting use to the language more and I´m learnin' more every day.  I´m already teaching people! We have 7 people who have accepted baptism, and my comp and I are both new to this area. 

There are 3 sets of missionaries here (2 sisters and 3 other elders) and it's been great here!

That's all for now!
Chião!
Elder Sharp 

Final pictures from Washington:

A weird statue:  

Me and my companions: 


"God's Angels with Nerf guns"

 Very tired on the way to the Mission Office... about to leave the U.S.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment