50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, January 20, 2014

First Baptismo!

This week has been Awesome!  Me and my companion estamos are doing great. We are teaching 2 families right now and baptized a mom of a member Saturday!  It was so amazing and powerful....There's no way to describe the joy that came with teaching her and baptizing her!! She quit smoking and drinking cold turkey and was definitely a golden investigator (I have pics Below).

We have a family baptism next Saturday and they also quit drinking and smoking and are strong too! There's 5 of them - a mom and 4 filhas. It's so cool because when we found them, the mom didn't believe in religion porque muitas churches were corrupt and took advantage of people so she didn't believe in organized religion. Now she's super excited to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and live with her family forever! It's crazy to see the effect the gospel has on people in improving their lives and making them happier. 

I´m doing a lot better with the language. Still gotta get a handle on conjugations and making sentences, but I am improving every day and it's not so strange for me to speak it now.  Exciting stuff seeing when I say the correct words to people and they talk back and I actually understand them...usually haha. 

Well, that´s all for now! Chião! 
Elder Sharp




No comments:

Post a Comment