50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, October 12, 2015

Final Email

Today we´re going to be visiting our old areas. Man, it's strange being on my last week already and the opposition seems to be harder and harder for me to keep working hard... but then I think of my mission and I think of how disappointing it would be to relax now with just 3 and a half days left to actually work! AGH! Me and my Companion are making goals, and we´re going to make our area explode so that I don´t leave a dead area for my Comp and his new trainer.  We have high goals, but they´re attainable!

Well this week we were fighting a lot to find people to be able to baptize before I go home, but none of them were home... but we were teaching one lady who was progressing really slowly, but she was progressing (She talks A LOT)  We talked to her and told her we wanted to help her get baptized this week, and she just started to cry! I shouldn´t be excited about this, but they were good tears.  She´ll be my last baptism as a missionary.  We also taught a South African this week.  He's cool.  He doesn't speak much Portuguese and so I try and teach in English, but haha it's almost instinct now to teach in Portuguese - but it's working out!  He´s marked for the 25 of Oct.  That's about it this week.  I did a few divisions with Elder Richins this week, too.  He seems to be improving a lot everyday.  It's really great to see that, too! 

Well, since this is the last time I'll probably be able to write you.... I know that this church is the true church here on earth.  Heavenly Father is our loving Father and He loves us so much that He has given us His son as a sacrifice so that we could be in his presence again.  There is nothing that I can possibly do to repay for that wonderful sacrifice.  I am a changed man because of my Savior, and I know that there´s no way I can go back.  Joseph Smith restored the Gospel of Jesus Christ in its fullness through modern-day revelation!  We have a living Prophet today who holds and exercises all the keys of the priesthood! The Book of Mormon, along with the Bible, is the word of God! 

That's about it - I love y'all! 
Elder Sharp



No comments:

Post a Comment